|Posted on February 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM||comments (0)|
The statistics are frightening:
- Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States.
- Every 20 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack.
- One in four Americans has some form of heart disease.
- Every 34 seconds someone in the United States dies of heart disease.
- Heart disease takes more lives than the next seven leading causes of death combined.
Yet, both modern medicine and ayurveda concur that there are things you can do every day to keep your heart healthy. Here we offer some suggestions to get you started. Pick one or two and start with those if you like, then add a couple more every few weeks until you are naturally living a heart-healthy lifestyle. Bonus: not just your heart, but your entire physiology will thank you.
|Posted on December 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM||comments (0)|
Because of the intimate connection between mind and body, when our mind transcends the field of activity, our body becomes very relaxed. Modern research demonstrates that during this deep level of rest our metabolic rate drops to levels much deeper than is typically seen during sleep. It is this profound level of rest to both the mind and body that enables deep-rooted stress and fatigue to be released. For this reason, TM, along with the other Ayurvedic practices, greatly enhances the self-repair mechanisms of the mind-body system. Scientific research indicates that this self-repair even occurs at the level of our DNA, and this may explain the holistic benefits in the area of mental health that are seen in those who embrace the practices of Maharishi Ayurveda. As such, Maharishi Ayurveda addresses many of the root causes of mental health issues that have their basis in stress.